Saturday, May 19, 2012

Some small details in " Farewell, Knight! "



When I make the game " Farewell, Knight! " I put a lot of thought into it.
It also shows in some small details which I want to share with you in this article. :)


1. Names in Farewell, Knight!:

    Annie: it's my good friend's name. :)

    Lady: I use this name because a knight should always serves a lady.
    The two are binding together.

    Gizmo: I adopted this name from the film " Gremlins ". It's definition is "A mechanical device
    whose name is forgotten or unknown. "
    This unknown device is small yet essential for the whole construction.
    I think it fits the character of this little helper.

    Mizar: Name of a star. It's located in Constellation Ursa Major.
    One of the seven stars of " The Big Dipper".
    My favorite star.


2. If you looked at the background in the level " Clock Tower " really carefully,
    You might have noticed that I drew all 12 constellations on the left!

3. I tried to name the levels that fits the story, so Clock Tower for extra time, Energy Field for
    extra energy.
    But why " Underground Tunnels " for the new body?
    Because earth nurtured all physical beings!
    ( not because the dead bodies are buried underground. Knight is not a zombie! XD )

4. Remember the rock art of Gizmo in Underground Tunnels? You might have noticed that
    Mizar is also there above her! And there's a rock art of a snake near the top left area,
    it actually shows you the safe spot to land.

5. Remember the small footprints that indicates the right direction in Heavenly Passage?
    They're actually hints left by Lady who already " Crossed Over ".

6. In case you didn't figure it out, when Knight thought that the new world is a more colorful
    place than Earth, it's just because back on Earth he was a dog, and dogs only see color
    blue and yellow.

Well, that's about it. I really hope people would take time to finish this game,
I spent a whole month making it and I wish you can read the whole story! :)
Have fun!